Professionally developing and adhering to successful client training programs for 15+ years, I’ve often come across those clients with the occasional proverbial mental roadblock requiring the extra motivation to push through.
Provided are a few fitness tips to gain ANYTIME MOTIVATION to change it up!
1. FRESH AIR: Take your workout outside- exercise benefits both the mind and the body. For recommendations on outdoor activity, follow our Fitastic featured fitness tips at feelfitastic.com.
2. A BALANCE OF GOALS: Especially when it comes to weight loss and building lean muscle, you should set both weekly goals and long term (3 month) goals. Written down goals hold a personal and potentially public accountability when you share it with others. (more…)
Serving size 1
Prep time 12 min
3/4 cup dry yield oatmeal
1/2 medium banana
5 egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
Take oatmeal put it in a blender grind till it becomes powder
Add cinnamon and egg whites
Skillet at 350 deg
Pour pancakes mix on to the skillet to the size of your choice
Cook each side for about 2 min and enjoy
Nutritional Information per serving: 51g carbs 27g protein 4g fat 348 calories
Why is Nutrition Important?
Why is nutrition important? Lets think about it: If you eat three meals a day, then by this time next year, you’ll have had more than a thousand chances to influence your body’s make up! You are what you eat: the substances you take into your body are broken down and reassembled into your brain cells, bones, muscles — All of your tissues and organs. The foods you eat also provide your body with the energy it needs to function properly. In addition, we know that proper nutrition can help us improve our health, prevent certain diseases, achieve and maintain a desirable weight, and maintain our energy and vitality.
Wellness is defined as a multidimensional, lifelong process that includes physical, emotional, and spiritual health. Wellness is not an endpoint in our lives, but is an active process we work on every day.
Preventing nutrient deficiency diseases. A healthful diet can reduce your risk for chronic diseases, that is, diseases that come on slowly and persist for years, if not for life, often despite the treatment. Nutrition is strongly associated with four chronic diseases, which cause strokes, and type 2 diabetes. Obesity, which increases our risk for all of these diseases, is significantly affected by nutrition and activity. Consuming too much food and exercising too little are factors in obesity. In the US and any developed nations, the prevalence of obesity and the four chronic diseases has dramatically increased over the pass 15 years.
Here at feelfitastic we are dedicated to helping our members reach their goals and live a life full of Fitastic joy. Remember fitness has no finish line it is a life style. Stay tune for future articles on prevention of disease and keys to good health.
STRENGTH TRAINING AND CARDIO SUPERSETS (Part 3)
Build muscle and lose fat in a short amount of time with a cardio/strength training superset workout routine. This involves performing a strength training, muscle building move supersetted with a short burst of cardio- WITH NO REST BETWEEN EXERCISES. Here are a few recommendations for a cardio/strength training superset you can add to your Fitastic routine!
You can pair any strength training move with any short burst of cardio to really increase your fat burning potential. Create a great workout by adding these supersets into your routine!
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Sprouted tortilla
Prep time: 20 Minutes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 2 cups packaged angel hair slaw
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) sprouted tortillas
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, garlic salt, and cumin. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Combine rind, 1 tablespoon juice, and next 3 ingredients (through avocado) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice, slaw, onions, cilantro, oil, and salt, tossing to coat.
4. Heat tortillas according to directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture and 1/4 cup slaw mixture.
Enjoy a mouth full of Fitastic!
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories: 319 Fat: 11.6g Protein: 30g Carbohydrate: 32g
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
SUPERSET LIKE A BOSS (Part 2)
- Bench Press (4 sets, 6 reps) and Incline Dumbbell Flyes (4 sets, 10 reps)
- Rest 1 minute in between each set.
What makes supersetting different from regular sets?
There are a couple different things that make a superset workout routine different from a regular set workout routine. Supersetting will increase your lactic acidproduction. Lactic acid helps to boost your level of growth hormone which will assist in fat loss and muscle building.
Supersets are also very time efficient. As mentioned in the earlier post, if you don’t have a great amount of time to workout, do a superset routine! You won’t waste any time getting in an excellent workout. They will definitely get you out of the gym faster without sacrificing your workout. The different types of supersetting workout routines will activate all different kinds of muscle fibers. (more…)
Water or Coke?
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
And now for the properties of COKE
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident. (more…)
Supersets for Super Results
If you are looking to get some serious gains and you are tired of your old workout routine, spice things up with a superset workout.
Superset workouts are great for increasing the intensity of your workouts, preventing boredom, and giving you a great muscle pump. There are several ways that you can superset but before we rock it, let’s talk about what a superset actually is. A superset is when you do a minimum of two consecutive exercises in a row without resting in between sets.
What makes it different from a regular set?
During a regular set, you’ll rest. Depending on how heavy you are lifting, your rest period could be anywhere from 20 seconds to two minutes. A superset doesn’t give you that rest. You’ll do one exercise and then immediately do the next. This will definitely show your endurance level and will give a bit of a cardio workout in during a superset workout, which is great! You can kill two birds with one stone and you don’t waste any time.
With that said, if you don’t have hours to spend in the gym but you still want to get a great workout, start supersetting your exercises. If you are just starting out with this kind of routine, you may find that it’s hard to keep up but take your rests in between each superset so you can recover.
Tip: Remember to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water!
Superset workouts can be done in many ways. Here are a few:
Pre-Exhaustion Supersets – This allows you to fully exhaust a muscle group by performing an isolation exercise followed by a compound exercise.
Post-Exhaustion Supersets – This method will really work every single muscle fiber by performing a compound exercise followed by an isolation exercise.
Compound Supersets – Performing two compound exercises in a row. This method is great for increasing muscular strength. (more…)
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- June 2017
- May 2017
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012